Chitrangada Singh was born in Jodhpur, Rajasthan to an Indian Army officer(Col Niranjan Singh) in a Jat family.Her brother is golfer Digvijay Singh. She, Digvijay and Tina are the children of an Army Officer. As a girl, she was known for looking like the late actressSmita Patil. ”You have outdone Smita Patil,” said Shekhar Kapur, when he saw Chitrangda Singh’s performance in her debut movie Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi (2003). She received training in Kathak (a classical dance) and enjoyed acting.
She began her career in Mumbai as a model before making the transition to the silver screen. After completing her education, she entered modeling, where her ad credits include ICICI bank and Alukkas Jewellery, and gradually shifting to music videos, she performed in Gulzar’s “Sunset Point.”
Singh at the Agent Vinod Screening.
It was in a music video of singer Abhijeet Bhattacharya, that she was spotted by Sudhir Mishra’s production manager. Subsequently, she made her much acclaimed debut withSudhir Mishra’s film Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi in 2003. The role got her wide acclaim: aWashington Post review noted her for giving “her character a deep sense of dignity and decency.” After that Chitrangada acted in the 2005 film Kal: Yesterday and Tomorrow. Chitrangada made her debut as an item girl in Shirish Kunder’s Joker. Also she is to lend her voice to a score in the movie.
She took a break from acting from 2005 to 2008. In 2008, she made her comeback with the leading role opposite Sanjay Suri in the director Onir’s romantic-comedy, Sorry Bhai!. Its release over the weekend of the Mumbai terror attacks proved disastrous at the box office.
In Sudhir Mishra’s movie Yeh Saali Zindagi (2011), Chitrangada played the role of an aspiring singer from Delhi who goes to Mumbai to get fame and money. She then starred in Rohit Dhawan’s Desi Boyz, where she played the role of an economics teacher oppositeAkshay Kumar. Desi Boyz also starred John Abraham and Deepika Padukone. Chitrangada is brand ambassador for Airtel, Parachute,Puma, Borges Olive Oil, Garnier, Aliva Crackers, Taj Mahal Tea and Joyalukkas Jewellers.
She unveiled Tanishq’s new collection at Tote in Mumbai on Wednesday 13 Oct 2010 afternoon.
Beautiful and dusky Bollywood actress Chitrangada Singh was spotted F Lounge, Lower Parel, Mumbai, for the launch of the latest issue of Women’s Health magazine.
The gorgeous actress Chitrangada Singh graced the launch of the iconic British brand ‘Burberry’ store at the capital of our India for its niche and elite patrons. At Oberoi hotel 
Chitrangada Singh is married to golfer Jyoti Randhawa.
||Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi
||Kal: Yesterday and Tomorrow
||Antara Mitra/Anna Pereira
||Yeh Saali Zindagi
||Special appearance in song “Kaafirana”
||I, Me, aur Main
Chitrangada Singh with Ayushman Khurana at the IIFA Rocks fashion show
- Won: Bollywood Movie Award – Best Female Debut (2006)
- Nominated: Screen Award for Most Promising Newcomer – Female (2006)
- Nominated: Zee Cine Award for Most Promising Debut – Female (2005)
- Nominated: Apsara Award for Best Actress (2005)
- Won: Young Women Achiever Award by FICCI (2009)
- ^ a b http://www.magnamags.com/newm/savvy/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=27&Itemid=30
- ^ ”My hubby isn’t a serious critic: Chitrangda”. Times of India. 31 Jan 2011.
- ^ ”Personal Agenda: Chitrangada Singh”. Hindustan Times. 16 March 2012. Retrieved 2012-03-18.
- ^ ”Chitrangada Singh Mini Biography”. Perfectpeople.net. Retrieved 2010-12-08.
- ^ ”‘A sportsman must be glamorous’”. Times of India. Retrieved 2011-01-27.
- ^ a b ”Chitrangada is back!”. Rediff. Retrieved 2010-12-08.
- ^ I tried to react, not act: Chitrangada Singh Interview by Subhash K. Jha, Friday, 13 May 2005.
- ^ a b GOLF and the Comrade: Why Chitrangada Singh feels like someone else, Indian Express, 10 April 2005.
- ^ university-was-strict-Chitrangada-Singh/Article1-428259.aspx “Lady Irwin was strict: Chitrangada Singh”. The Hindustan Times. 3 July 2009. Retrieved 2011-06-15.
- ^ ”The next Smita Patil”. The Telegraph (Calcutta). 14 Apr 2005. Retrieved 30 Jan 2012.
- ^ The Comeback Girl Indian Express, 11 November 2008.
- ^ ’A Thousand Dreams’: Impassioned in India by John Pancake, Washington Post. 21 April 2005.
- ^ ”Chitrangda turns playback singer”. 23 July 2012.
- ^ ’Chitrangada is just taking a break’ Ashok Chatterjee, TNN, The Times of India, 8 November 2005.
- ^ ”Chitrangada not in golfing news”. The Times of India. 6 September 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- ^ Sorry Bhai is new beginning for me, says Chitrangada Singh IANS, Sify.com, Wednesday, 29 October 2008.
- ^ Me and slapstick humor? Not sure: Chitrangda Singh Indian Express, 19 December 2008.
- ^ ”tanishk”. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- ^ ”health magazine”. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- ^ ”Chitrangada Singh at Burberry store launch”. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- ^ ”Who am I to stop Chitrangda: Jyoti Randhawa”. Times of India. 12 March 2012. Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- ^ ”Chitrangda Singh to share screen with Arjun Rampal”. The Times Of India. 20 November 2011.
- ^ ”john to romance 5 actresses in i,me aur mein”.
- ^ Chitrangada Singh gets FICCI achievement award IANS, Sify.com, 21 April 2009.